Breakfast is a very important meal — it can either make or break your day. Why? Because your body can’t run on empty.That’s why it’s so important to refuel in the morning. Taking that “engine analogy” one step further, your engine won’t run with sugar in the gas tank. That’s why your breakfast meal should be high-test fuel, the type of fuel that will get you out on the highway, operating smoothly.The eDiets GI Diet plan incorporates research that supports including high-fiber, unrefined carbohydrates, such as whole grains and whole grain cereals and breads, plus starchy vegetables, crunchy and cruciferous vegetables, whole fruit and lean protein. It excludes foods that contain trans fat and limits those with saturated fat.There are many studies that show unprocessed, whole foods are digested and absorbed more slowly than refined, processed foods. Research supports lowering the risk for heart disease and diabetes by following a diet like the Glycemic Impact plan.A study published in the November 2003 Journal of Pediatrics showed that children who ate low GI, high-fiber breakfasts were less hungry and ate less for lunch than those kids eating a breakfast of refined sugary cereals.A study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition… Read full this story
- RuPaul’s Drag Race UK: Season 2 queens ranked from top to bottom after Morning Glory episode 4
- The Queen's morning routine and favourite breakfast dishes revealed
- Good Morning Britain trails behind BBC Breakfast by 1million viewers as ratings plummet after Piers Morgan exit
- Eamonn Holmes 'can't bear' BBC Breakfast hosts Naga Munchetty and Charlie Stayt's habit
- Naga Munchetty and Charlie Stayt in BBC Breakfast Sunday shake-up - Roger Johnson steps in
- Dan Walker and Louise Minchin replaced in BBC Breakfast presenting shake-up
- Naga Munchetty replaced as Rachel Burden steps in to host BBC Breakfast 'That's better!'
- Frosty morning! ‘Is that my introduction?' Saturday Kitchen's Matt hits out over Naga dig
- This Morning fans baffled as Ruth and Eamonn are absent seeing Alison and Dermot step in
- CBSE Class 10, Class 12 Board Exams: Schedule, Duration, Timings, Shifts, Guidelines - All Details Here
Morning Glory: Top 10 GI Breakfasts have 345 words, post on ezinearticles.com at September 19, 2005. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.