More than ten years of research tells me that our Education Establishment is not very expert at education. Every year more money is spent; every year SAT scores fall. This track record suggests that our elite educators should be humble about giving advice on educational matters.But here we come to what is exactly the problem: the government and its experts seem all too ready to harass homeschoolers, as if the government has all the correct answers. As a result, time, money and energy are wasted. I have no personal involvement in homeschooling, but my impression is that these parents are very dedicated and usually find the better ways (textbooks, etc.) to teach things. In any event, my belief is that the society absolutely needs homeschooling because we need as much diversity and competition as we can get — private schools, charter schools, homeschooling, whatever. It’s vital that the government protect homeschooling, not intrude upon it.I write a great deal about education, its problems and failings. I’m trying to educate the public about educators. I want to make people more sophisticated about what goes on in the schools, and I want to make the Education Establishment less quick to think itself… Read full this story
- Book World: Marie Kondo has a new book to help your kids find the joy of tidying up. Hers have.
- A new book brings to fore the untold stories of women in Indian mythology
- The world was told the 12 Thai cave boys would swim to freedom but that was a LIE to soothe their parents - as a new book reveals how they were drugged and handcuffed before they were rescued
- Actress Lupita Nyong'o’s New Book ‘Sulwe’ Will Acknowledge The Beauty Of Girls Of Colour
- ‘Smartphones are worse than nuclear weapons’: an extract from David Mitchell’s new book
- Donald Trump Jr. Talks Playing Video Games With Michael Jackson, Brother Eric in New Book
- ENTOMBED! Twelve schoolboys trapped deep inside a flooding cave in a drama that gripped the world - as relived in new book by reporter who witnessed every moment
- Uche Dominic releases new book, Alibaba’s Adventure
- New book reveals the inside details of Tiger Woods’ journey from child prodigy to golf icon
- ‘Parenting is exhausting, demanding and relentless, make time for self-care’
Homeschooling Parents Should Find Comfort in New Book have 379 words, post on ezinearticles.com at May 8, 2009. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.