Nobody enjoys going to get a flu shot, but we do expect that if we want one, getting in line for it should simply be a matter of showing up for the event. But what if that was not the case? What if you discovered that you were actually turned away from an inoculation centre because you did not fit a predefined “profile” for who is eligible to receive a shot?Ironically, in a year in which a pandemic strain is circling the globe, this is a very real possibility. Right now it looks as though swine flu vaccines will be in short supply until sometime in 2010. That means there is not enough supply for everyone to be vaccinated against the new pandemic virus.Right now this is not a huge concern, because the virus has not been the cause of a huge number of deaths. In fact, it has so far caused no more misery than the seasonal flu, which claims up to a half million lives across the globe every year. But that could change quickly, and if the new swine flu strain suddenly proves to be significantly more lethal than it has been, people will want to be… Read full this story
- Has Hungary's swine flu epidemic infected its pig population?
- H1N1 Swine flu: a new pandemic on the way?
- Only half of Americans plan to get a flu shot this year. Here's why that's a problem
- 10 hospitalized from Oklahoma facility after flu shot mix-up
- Why There's No Swine Flu Vaccine
- Swine Flu Is Evolution in Action
- 2009 Swine-Flu Death Toll 10 Times Higher Than Thought
- Flu Shot Facts & Side Effects (Updated for 2019-2020)
- Flu Shots Keep Older People Out of the Hospital
- Free Flu Shots for Metro Atlanta Seniors on November 15
Will You Be Denied the Swine Flu Shot? have 290 words, post on ezinearticles.com at August 15, 2009. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.