Manny Pacquiao’s trainer, Freddie Roach, will talk with FOXSports.com each week leading up to Pacquiao’s March 13 welterweight title fight with Joshua Clottey (on HBO pay-per-view). This is the first in a four-part series.FOXSports.com: How tough is it to get up for this fight when you were so close to the mega-fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr.?Roach: There is no problem getting up for this fight. It’s a good challenge. It’s a little disappointing. I was looking for the challenge of getting ready for Mayweather’s difficult style. But you know Clottey is a suitable opponent. He’s a dangerous guy. And so we have been pretty set. And it wasn’t a huge challenge getting up for him.FOXSports.com: How furious are you guys about the steroid allegations thrown out by Team Mayweather and that you can’t fight Floyd Jr. in the ring?Roach: Pretty much the allegations are unproven and there’s a lawsuit pending and I think he’ll lose that lawsuit. You can’t go around saying stuff like that without evidence. You know, I hope we can fight him someday to shut him up. If that ever happens, so be it.FOXSports.com: How have the allegations affected Manny?Roach: He’s got a reputation, of course, and… Read full this story
- Manny Pacquiao's 'End' Might Be Approaching In Lucas Matthysse Fight
- Manny Pacquiao out to prove himself vs. Lucas Matthysse
- Khan issues warning on Pacquiao, others
- Anthony Joshua asks legendary trainer Freddie Roach to work his corner… but tips Tyson Fury to dethrone heavyweight king
- The Contender's Eric Walker talks learning to box in prison and how it changed his life
Roach on Pacquiao’s preparation have 293 words, post on www.foxsports.com at February 21, 2010. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.