UNESCO is celebrating World Book and Copyright Day on 23 April by highlighting the need to preserve creativity from piracy. The Day also marks the launch of celebrations in Ljubljana (Slovenia), World Book Capital for 2010. “In the light of the emergence of new forms of books, of changes in the design, production and access to contents of books, it is urgent to recall that there can be no book development without respect for copyright,” the Director-General of UNESCO, Irina Bokova, said in her message for the Day. “This is particularly the case at a time when digitization further exposes books to risks of illicit use.” UNESCO recently established the World Anti-Piracy Observatory (WAPO), a free on-line platform that provides information on anti-piracy measures and policies implemented by Member States. “The Observatory fills in the existing information gap by presenting data that up until now was mostly scattered or simply unavailable,” explains Petya Totchavora, UNESCO copyright specialist. The Observatory, which will be updated regularly, makes available comprehensive information on copyright legislation, news and announcements of events related to the fight against piracy worldwide, and best practices. Free awareness-raising and capacity-building tools can also be downloaded. UNESCO has also scheduled on… Read full this story
- Aryans Institute of Nursing celebrates World No Tobacco Day
- State Level Function Organized To Celebrate ‘World No Tobacco Day’
- Celebrating World Meat Free Day(s) in the Springs is easier than you may think
- World Blood Donor day: What you should know
- Nintendo has hefty anti-piracy measures on the Switch
- On World Blood Donor Day, Facebook launches new feature to help Indians donate- Technology News, Firstpost
- World Cup 2018, Day 8: Google Doodle Celebrates Football Culture In Lionel Messi's Argentina, 1998 Champions France
- 3-day celebrations of Telangana Formation Day to begin from June 3
- Blood Connects us All – World Blood Donor Day
- World No Tobacco Day: What will it take to make smokers quit?
UNESCO launches Anti-Piracy Observatory to celebrate World Book and Copyright Day have 318 words, post on english.cinet.vn at April 23, 2010. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.