The Saigon Times Daily Overall, 23.8 million tons of cement was sold in the first five months, meeting 41% of the year’s plan, in which 19.15 million tons was consumed in the local market, up 9% over the same period in 2012. The construction ministry predicts domestic cement output will reach 79.45 million tons in 2013, 81.56 million tons in 2014 and 83.86 million tons in 2015, according to a report on the Government web portal. Le Van Toi, head of the building materials department under the ministry, said that in the first half of May, some plants found it harder to buy clinker because of the increase in local cement consumption. At most large cement companies, production and sales have improved. Positive signals from domestic consumption have urged some firms to adjust their export plans. Nguyen Thi Tao, deputy general director of VICEM Hoang Thach Co., said consumption had rebounded since the second half of March and the first week of April. By the end of the first quarter, Hoang Thach had sold approximately 1.06 million tons of cement, up 4% year-on-year, exceeding its target. Although the property market has not recovered, Hoang Thach is affected less than other…
- Jeff Bezos is $13BILLION richer after Amazon's net sales went up by 21 per cent off the back of huge online sales during the holidays
- 'Cement industry in India is institutionalising'
- Birla Corp Q3 PAT jumps 200% to Rs 81 crore
- Stocks in the news: Tata Motors, IOC, Bajaj Auto, IDFC First Bank and DHFL
- Cuomo, Again?
- United Airlines adds 5 nonstop international flights from SFO
- Quentin Tarantino Digs Deep On ‘Once Upon A Time… In Hollywood’ As He Fears “Dark Night Of The Soul” For Filmmakers: Q&A
- Dr Reddy's Q3 numbers expected today; watch out for outlook on R&D spend, new launches
- Brokerages upgraded 6 stocks to 'buy' post Q3 earnings; should you buy?
- Energy-efficient housing is reducing ventilation and trapping air pollution INDOORS - putting the health of children with breathing conditions like asthma at risk
Cement sales on rise have 316 words, post on at June 4, 2013. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.