(CNN)Here’s a look at some recent cases of foreign governments detaining US citizens. For information about other missing Americans, see Robert Levinson Fast Facts or POW/MIA in Iraq and Afghanistan Fast Facts. Currently Detained Americans Iran: Baquer and Siamak NamaziOctober 2015 – Siamak Namazi, a Dubai-based businessman with dual US and Iranian citizenship, is detained while visiting relatives in Tehran. Namazi is the first US citizen reported to have been detained in Iran since the announcement of an international agreement on Iran’s nuclear program. February 2016 – Baquer Namazi, a former UNICEF official and father of Siamak Namazi, is also detained, his wife Effie Namazi says on Facebook. He is an Iranian-American. Read More October 2016 – Baquer Namazi and his son Siamak are sentenced to 10 years in prison and fined $4.8 million, according to Iran’s official news channel IRINN. Iran officials say five people were convicted and sentenced for “cooperating with Iran’s enemies,” a government euphemism that usually implies cooperating with the United States. August 2017 – An Iranian appeals court upholds the convictions of Baquer and Siamak Namazi. January 28, 2018 – Baquer Namazi is granted a four-day leave by the Iranian government, after being discharged from… Read full this story
- Fact-checking Trump and Biden during 2nd 2020 presidential debate
- 50 totally random facts about the U.S.
- Jarring Image of Police’s Use of Force at Texas Pool Party
- 'This Week' Transcript: Donald Trump and Sen. Bernie Sanders
- 'This Week' Transcript 1-29-17: Sean Spicer, Sen. Mitch McConnell, and Robert Gates
- 'This Week' Transcript 4-8-18: White House Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Adviser Thomas Bossert and Sen. Lindsey Graham
- 'This Week' Transcript 6-24-18: Tom Bossert, Sen. Jeff Flake, and Rep. Luis Gutiérrz
- 22-Year-Old Conservative Lauren Southern Claims 'Lifetime Ban' from UK for 'Allah Is Gay' Social Experiment
- From Team Hillary to Vietnam Lobbyist
- Earthquake Relief Where Haiti Wasn’t Broken
Detained Americans Fast Facts have 301 words, post on edition.cnn.com at July 3, 2013. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.