Vine, Twitter’s mobile video service, has just gained several new features designed to make it easier to shoot with the app and to share videos more widely.The changes announced Wednesday include new camera tools, 15 new categories for finding and uploading videos, an “on the rise” feature for discovering up-and-coming users, and a “revining” tool that works like retweeting to share posts with others.The enhancements mark the biggest update so far for Vine, co-founder and Chief Technology Officer Colin Kroll said in a blog post, adding that more new features will be coming soon.The new camera has three new functions: a grid to make composing shots easier, a new focus tool and a “ghost” mode, which overlays a faded version of the previously recorded shot onto the frame, to show people where they stopped recording last.The new channels include 15 different genres, such as comedy, music, nature, food and, inevitably, cats — that users can browse though or use when submitting their own videos.The update also includes a setting called protected posts that will reduce the amount of sharing on the service. Most Vine posts today are public, but people can now turn this setting on so that only people… Read full this story
- Security Camera - Features of a Night Vision Camera
- Style and Performance Get New Zeniths at Their Side With Nokia E71 Grey
- So You Want a New Camera
- How Do You Know Which Digital Camera to Buy?
- The Annual Life Cycle of a Grape Vine
- Security Camera - Installing Them in Your Workplace, Features and Benefits
- Tips For Buying Underwater Digital Cameras
- Digital Camera - How to Choose One
- Digital Camera Buying Guide - A Guide to Purchasing Digital Cameras in the 2008 Holiday Season
- Digital Camera Advice - Top Dont's When Buying a Digital Camera
Vine Gets New Camera Features and 'protected' Posts have 294 words, post on www.networkworld.com at July 3, 2013. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.