Now that Kung Fu Divas is opening today nationwide, debuting movie director Jonathan ”Onat” Diaz can heave a big sigh of relief. You see, Onat waited for nine years for his “obra” to see the light of day, with no less than two “queens” playing the lead roles — Ai-Ai de las Alas and Marian Rivera as bitter rivals for the Hiyas ng Dalampasigan beauty pageant forced to become allies by an unexpected turn of events that brings out their martial-arts skills. “It was easy working on the movie with Ai-Ai and Marian because I’ve worked with them in commercials,” admitted Onat who started directing commercials before he ventured into television and now movies, just like Peque Gallaga, Erik Matti and Paul Soriano. While at McCann-Erickson, Onat directed Ai-Ai in several commercials (for Maggi, etc.) and Marian in more than two. “On the set, there was no pressure at all. Ang gaan-gaan ng trabaho.” The only problem was how to match the schedules of the two actresses. Marian was busy with the GMA soap Temptation of Wife and suffering from a recurrence of migraine (caused by an inflamed nerve in her head) while Ai-Ai was stuck in a marital problem…. Read full this story
- Mum throws lavish $20,000 carnival-themed birthday party for her seven-year-old daughter
- A kiss for Kate! Touching moment 90-year-old royal fan pecks the Duchess of Cambridge's hand as she receives a VERY warm welcome in Wales
- Odion Ighalo: Manchester United move a dream come true
- Man Utd to launch £20m Jude Bellingham bid in summer after failing in deadline day transfer for 16-year-old star
- Future Model! Ciara's 3-Year-Old Son Poses for Gap Kids in First Commercial Campaign: 'I'm So Proud'
- Bustin' Babes vs. Larrupin' Lou's: Incredible 91-year-old footage of Yankees legends Ruth and Gehrig on a barnstorming tour in 1927 is unearthed
- Man Swaps His First Class Seat for Economy to Make 88-Year-Old Stranger's Dream Come True
- Odion Ighalo lands in Manchester after ‘crazy’ transfer and admits ‘it’s a dream come true’
- Sofia Kenin on Her 'Surreal' Australian Open Victory: 'It's a Dream Come True'
- Sofia Kenin, 21, Wins Australian Open, Picking Up First Grand Slam Title: 'Dreams Come True'
Direk Onat’s 9-year-old dream film has come true have 353 words, post on www.philstar.com at October 1, 2013. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.