It’s been years since the Giants have had a win as big as this one would’ve been, maybe since midway through the 2012 season. Maybe, given the circumstances and the stakes, this would’ve been the biggest win for them since all the way back to Super Bowl XLVI. But the big one still eludes these maddening Giants, who keep saying they’re better than their 5-5 record, even though they keep failing to prove it. They have thrown away four games in the fourth quarter now, all in agonizing fashion. And that’s left them clinging to first place in a bad division, even though they’re really just a few plays and a little mental toughness away from being 9-1. Each week, it seems, they seem to find a new way to turn a game into a nail-biter. And they keep finding new, painful ways to blow very winnable games. “I mean, finish the game!” Tom Coughlin said after he watched his Giants blow a golden opportunity to upend the undefeated New England Patriots on Sunday, losing 27-26 on a 54-yard field goal instead. “Just get the game over with.” That sounds so easy. But there’s just nothing easy about what these… Read full this story
- ‘I’m being heard’: How Renel Brooks-Moon became Giants’ voice of reason
- New England Patriots miss out on playoffs for first time since 2008, while New York Jets stun Los Angeles Rams
- Is Kansas City Chiefs at New Orleans Saints a potential Super Bowl preview?
- Week 15 NFL Picks: Potential Super Bowl preview as Kansas City visits New Orleans
- Jaguars, with loss, positioned for No. 1 draft pick
- Real Madrid chief makes fresh European Super League appeal and says ‘football reform can wait no longer’
- US senate passes giant package wrapping relief, funding, tax breaks
- Trump demands Supreme Court take up Texas AG's bid to overturn election as he calls Joe Biden's victory 'a dangerous moment in our history' and spreads conspiracy theories on Twitter about 'rigged' voting machines
- Donald Trump says he WILL veto must-pass Defense Act despite it getting thumping majorities in House and Senate and again demands repeal of web giants' Section 230 protection
- The Final Word: New York Jets win... but lose at the same time
Giants keep repeating history, go from Super to stupor in loss to Patriots have 369 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at November 15, 2015. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.