PARIS (AP) The latest on the deadly attacks in Paris. (All times local): 9:10 p.m. A second stadium in the northern German city of Hannover has been evacuated. Concert-goers had been waiting for the band ”Soehne Mannheims” to play. Hannover’s chief of police says authorities received a warning about a possible bomb threat shortly before the start of a soccer friendly match between Germany and the Netherlands in the main Hannover stadium. The stadium was evacuated and the game was canceled. Police chief Volker Kluwe told German public broadcaster NDR that the alleged threat involved the ”detonation of explosives in the stadium.” He says the ”key warning reached us about 15 minutes before the gates opened.” Germany’s national soccer squad said the team was taken to ”a safe place” by police. Kluwe encouraged people in Hannover to go home, stay away from stadiums and not move about in large groups. Germany’s interior minister was holding a news conference later Tuesday on the twin evacuations. — 8:55 p.m. France’s defense minister says 10 French fighter jets are carrying out new airstrikes on Islamic State group targets in Syria. Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian says the jets have carried out new raids Tuesday… Read full this story
- 49ers, Santa Clara argue over $2 million in Levi’s Stadium costs
- 500 kilogram WWII bomb sparks evacuation in Frankfurt
- Exclusive: Dr Vijay Patil explains how empty stadium are prepping for 2021 and the new era of 'phygital sports'
- Experts Defuse World War II Bomb After Thousands Evacuate In Frankfurt, Germany
- Manchester City's five crucial wins under Pep Guardiola in 2020
- Germany's biggest hairdressing chain seeks bankruptcy protection
- Thomas Müller playing himself back into Germany contention
- Napoli renames football stadium after Argentina great Diego Maradona
- Germany: Saxony-Anhalt government on brink of collapse amid CDU infighting
- Napoli's San Paolo stadium renamed after Argentina legend Diego Maradona
The Latest: 2nd stadium in Germany city is evacuated have 300 words, post on www.foxsports.com at November 17, 2015. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.