PARIS (AP) The latest on the deadly attacks in Paris. (All times local): 8:55 p.m. France’s defense minister says 10 French fighter jets are carrying out new airstrikes on Islamic State group targets in Syria. Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian says the jets have carried out new raids Tuesday evening. Speaking on TF1 TV, the French defense minister said France will have 36 fighter jets in the region capable of carrying out airstrikes on IS targets once the Charles de Gaulle aircraft carrier reaches the zone. The carrier embarks from Toulon on Thursday. — 8:15 p.m. Hannover’s police chief says authorities have cancelled a friendly soccer match between Germany and the Netherlands because they had ”concrete information” about a bomb threat. The German news agency dpa quoted police chief Volker Kluwe saying the information concerned an explosives attack. The stadium was evacuated by police about an hour and a half before the kickoff Tuesday night in the northern German city. Top government officials including Chancellor Angela Merkel had been scheduled to attend the match to send a signal that Germany wouldn’t bow to terrorism in the wake of the Paris attacks. — 7:45 p.m. With a police helicopter whirring above and… Read full this story
- Iran Threatens Israel With Revenge for Syria Airstrike That Killed Drone Commander
- The Daily 202: Trump gets schooled in Syria on how much his words matter
- 'A Close Personal Relationship' Under Pressure As Trump Hosts France's Macron
- Trump announces launch of strikes on Syria in response to suspected chemical attack
- Trump looms large in midterm elections expected to draw record-breaking voter turnout
The Latest: French jets carry out new airstrikes against IS have 260 words, post on www.foxsports.com at November 17, 2015. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.