You may remember my decision three months ago to replace my aging Cadillac STS with a brand-new 2016 Subaru WRX. The “avoid highways” option has been selected on Google Maps ever since, as evidenced by the WRX’s above-average odometer reading. It’s not my fault that the Subie commands a twistier route every time I start it up.However, this relationship between the WRX and me has not been without its quirks. After making a few payments and driving 5,000 miles, I’ve emerged from the honeymoon period to take a step back and evaluate this new marriage. Let’s take a look at the good, the bad, and the annoying.The WRX beat out the Ford Focus ST as my daily driver of choice based on the availability of all-wheel drive, better seats, and a some brand loyalty sprinkled in. I dropped off the Caddy and picked up the WRX about an hour away from home on a rainy October night. It was quickly apparent I had given up my sofa on wheels in exchange for an all-access pass to Six Flags. The handling of the WRX was tight and the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT tires cut through the steady stream of water atop the rain-soaked tarmac.The next few weeks consisted of some local commuting… Read full this story
- Subaru STI S209 Review: The quickest STI comes to America
- The 13 Best Concerts of 2016
- The road to hell: Thousands of refugees pouring towards the Greek border on a false promise - only to be met with bullets and brutality - is a crisis that cannot be ignored, writes LARISA BROWN
- Arrested! Divergent star Miles Teller 'taken in by police when seen falling down drunk in San Diego and refusing to enter detox program'
- Mother reveals her husband and two sons from LA community less than 10 miles from Kim Kardashian's home are among 15 friends who have tested positive for coronavirus following trip to exclusive Italian ski resort
- He found his Jenny! British man gets down on one knee to propose to his girlfriend as he completes 15,607 mile, two-year run to become the first person to recreate Forrest Gump’s route across America
- Thousands are STILL stuck on the coronavirus-hit Grand Princess 24 hours after docking: 'Bored' passengers watch from their balconies as travelers slowly disembark, are tested and sent to quarantine
- Indiana WWII veteran recalls Iwo Jima, 75 Years Later
- 2016 Cadillac CTS review
- California declares state of emergency as Coast Guard delivers coronavirus testing kits to THOUSANDS of Grand Princess cruise ship passengers off the coast of San Francisco where two people tested positive
2016 Subaru WRX: Five Thousand Miles Later have 424 words, post on www.thetruthaboutcars.com at January 22, 2016. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.