Six major cruise lines that market to North Americans are rolling out new ships this year. Here, USA TODAY profiles one of the new offerings: Holland America’s Koningsdam. For information on the year’s other new vessels, click HERE to return to the main page of our Guide to the New Cruise Ships of 2016.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . KONINGSDAMLine: Holland AmericaMaiden voyage: April 8Home ports: Civitavecchia, Italy; Amsterdam; Fort Lauderdale, Fla.Size (in tons): 99,500Passengers: 2,650The buzz: Call it the new Big Boy of the Holland America fleet. At 99,500 tons, the storied line’s first new ship since 2010 will be nearly 15% larger than its predecessors and have room for nearly 26% more passengers at double occupancy.Koningsdam also will feature a new, more contemporary design than earlier Holland America ships, while preserving such classic Holland America touches as a Crow’s Nest lounge with panoramic views. The line tapped noted resort and restaurant designer Adam Tihany to create interior spaces in partnership with Bjørn Storbraaten, who worked on two earlier Holland America vessels. Tihany also has created spaces for Celebrity and Seabourn ships.The first of the line’s… Read full this story
- New Zealand's White Island volcano eruption casts sombre mood aboard Ovation of the Seas cruise ship
- What Does Tobey Maguire Think of New Spider-Man Tom Holland?
- Leonardo DiCaprio saves man who fell off cruise ship, was stranded at sea for 11 hours
- Leonardo DiCaprio Helps Save a Man's Life Who Fell Overboard a Cruise Ship
- New Zealand police say there are no survivors from White Island volcano eruption; fears for Australian tourists and Ovation of the Seas cruise ship passengers
- US denies a visa for Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif to attend UN Security Council meeting in New York - as he warns America will get a 'definite answer for its arrogance'
- Warriors' new arena plan leaves future of Piers 30-32 hanging
- Jalesh Cruises to introduce second ship by October 2020
- Jalesh Cruises is proudly made for Indians
- Chinese cruise line receives 1st vessel
New cruise ships for 2016: Holland America's Koningsdam have 326 words, post on www.usatoday.com at January 7, 2016. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.