In less than 24 hours, they’ll be teeing off at Augusta for the 2016 Masters.With the year’s first major upon us, we asked five of our golf-savvy staffers for their predictions on who will win, what sleeper will emerge as a surprise contender, what so-called favorite will end up disappointing, what amateur will fare the best and what the low round of the weekend will be. Their predictions are below.(Hint: Bet on Jason Day and not Rory McIlroy.)Winner: Jason Day. I said it in my rankings piece, but Day’s putting has been the key to his success starting last year at St. Andrews. He’s coming in red-hot, he’s got all the confidence in the world and he finally knows how to win a major coming down the stretch. If anyone is going to run away with this Masters, it’s going to be Jason Day, and that’s why I’m riding the hot hand. Sleeper: Danny Willett. He had his first solid finish at a major at the Open Championship a year ago, and it seems the 28-year-old Englishman continues to be more and more confident with his game as he moves up the world rankings. His first Masters was a year ago,… Read full this story
- Augusta’s storied No. 12 hole can blow away green jacket dreams at the Masters
- No Green Jacket but Rahm still has reason to smile
- McIlroy still searching for green jacket
- The Masters: Sleep-deprived new father Rahm eyes green jacket
- Green jackets fight back: Masters course 'where we want it.'
- DeChambeau probing for formula that adds up to green jacket
- Matsuyama becomes first Japanese in Masters green jacket
- Ke’Bryan Hayes Homers, Pirates 2-Hit Cubs For Opening-Day Win
- Oscars 2021: Predictions for who will win this year's big Academy Awards
- Oscars 2021 are less than a week away: Our predictions for who will win
Masters predictions: Can anyone stop Jason Day from winning the green jacket? have 307 words, post on www.foxsports.com at April 6, 2016. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.