In a surprise move, a senior lawmaker calls for amending the law and allowing foreigners to work as tour guides in Vietnam. A senior legislator has called for amending the law and allowing foreigners to work as tour guides in Vietnam, ending a ban that has often been violated. Foreign guides should not be prohibited from working “if they meet our requirements and pay taxes,” Nguyen Duc Hai, chairman of the National Assembly’s Finance and Budget Committee, said, as cited by radio network Voice of Vietnam. Hai was speaking at a meeting on Monday where a panel of top legislators discussed possible amendments to the Law on Tourism. Vietnam should encourage expats who have lived in the country for years and “have a deep love for Vietnam” to become tour guides, he said. The current legislation, which only recognizes local tour guides, is too strict and does not reflect the country’s international cooperation, he added. “We should be open. Foreign tour guides will help make local tourist sites and products more attractive,” Hai said. The country has recently conducted multiple inspections to weed out illegal foreign tour guides and service providers. His suggestion came as the authorities ramped up efforts… Read full this story
- Obama lifts Vietnam arms ban to remove 'lingering vestige of the Cold War'
- Kanagawa club in Japan offers multi-language tours
- John Kerry meets man who fought alongside Viet Cong soldier he shot and killed during Vietnam ambush
- Trump administration to ban Americans from traveling to North Korea, U.S. officials say
- American citizen from Orange County detained in Vietnam on a “spurious charge”
- Meet Obama the cold realist: In Vietnam, he wisely moves to check China's ambitions
- Anthony Bourdain sits down with President Obama, picks up $6 tab for dinner in Vietnam
- A politically inconvenient guide to Trump's national security strategy speech
- Congress to take up bill banning tourism to North Korea following Otto Warmbier’s death
- China to ease curbs on foreign investment, autos
Vietnam should lift ban on foreign tour guides: legislator have 330 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 19, 2016. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.