I remember the day I committed the minor misdemeanor offense of reckless operation as if it was yesterday, although it was actually one day longer ago than the statute of limitations regarding minor misdemeanors in Ohio. I was surrounded by my accomplices — my “gang” if you will — and we were hell-bent on committing some serious traffic offenses.The situation was this: We were all driving through Cincinnati, Ohio, at approximately 65 miles per hour. This is the speed limit for Route 71 on the north side of Cincinnati. Approximately five miles south of I-275, the speed limit on 71 drops from 65 to 45. There’s no visible logic or reasoning behind this; I-71 is still a five-or-six-lane road at this point. There are certainly times when the road is brought to a standstill by traffic, but the same is true of I-71 between Columbus and Delaware, Ohio, which has a marked limit of 70 mph.As I passed the speed limit sign together with my gang of approximately 20 visible vehicles — most of which were doing about 70-75 mph but a few of which were going slower or faster than that — not a single driver touched his or her brakes…. Read full this story
- No Fixed Abode: The Case For the American Car Abroad
- Most popular op-eds of 2018: A year of drama and disaster
- There's a cheap, proven fix to the world's biggest problem
- The state and private landowners must fix culverts together to save salmon
- Valve Patches Zero Day Vulnerabilities in Steam After Banning Researcher Who Discovered Them, Changes Bug Bounty Rules
- News items from the world of fixed operations
- Nest vs Ring vs Abode vs SimpliSafe: Which smart home security cameras have the best privacy?
- Turning zombie homes into HGTV-style abodes: How one civic minded couple is remodeling dilapidated houses in Rochester
- Why It Is Our Duty to Free Oyub Titiev (Op-ed)
- Can I Force My Landlord to Fix a Broken Outlet?
No Fixed Abode: Three Reckless Ops A Day have 311 words, post on www.thetruthaboutcars.com at January 4, 2017. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.