Defending Daytona 500 winner Denny Hamlin passed Dale Earnhardt Jr. with two laps to go to win the second Can-Am Duel qualifying race Thursday night at Daytona International Speedway.Hamlin used a push by the Chevrolet of Austin Dillon to make the race-winning pass.“Great FedEx Toyota, great car,” said Hamlin. “Got a great push there from Austin. We worked really well together the entire race. I’ll keep that in mind in the (Daytona) 500.”Stewart-Haas Racing teammates Clint Bowyer and Kurt Busch finished second and third, respectively, behind Hamlin’s Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota, as Earnhardt faded to sixth on the last lap.“I don’t know what I could have done differently to defend that,” said Earnhardt, who led 53 of 60 laps. “… Ain’t much you can do about it. It’s not really defendable. Good job by Denny.”“Just super impressed with this team,” added Bowyer, who had a strong run in his first race with SHR.Earnhardt, who on Sunday qualified second for the Daytona 500, started the second Duel on the pole in his No. 88 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet. It was Earnhardt’s first race since last July, when he was sidelined by a concussion for the entire second half of the NASCAR season.Earnhardt… Read full this story
- Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s Wife Amy Reveals ‘Prom Night’ Photo From Their NASCAR Awards Outing
- See Dale Earnhardt Jr. and His Wife Amy Take Their Daughter to See Santa, and It Didn't Go as Planned
- Daniel Hemric, Jeb Burton to drive JR Motorsports’ No. 8 car in 2020
- Kevin Harvick adds NASCAR Cup win to dominant weekend. Martin Truex Jr. finishes 5th.
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Pass USMCA Coalition - Restrictive state abortion laws ignite fiery 2020 debate
- Racing! CHRB recommendations to the Governor
- Racing! Congrats on Bob Baffert’s five-win day
- Rohan Dennis dominates men’s time trial at Road World Championships
- Brendan Rodgers’ reborn Leicester should not be overlooked in title race
- Steelers hang on for 23-17 victory over Cardinals
Denny Hamlin passes Dale Earnhardt Jr. late for victory in Can-Am Duel Race No. 2 have 325 words, post on www.foxsports.com at February 23, 2017. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.