Zara co-founder Amancio Ortega has toppled Microsoft’s Bill Gates to become the world’s richest person for brief stretches multiple times, including twice this week. A peek into the life of the 81 year old even Amazon’s Jeff Bezos can’t keep up with! Amancio Ortega at the Inditex factory in Coruna, Spain. Photograph: Miguel Vidal/Reuters. Amancio Ortega — or the elusive billionaire the world better knows as the co-founder of the popular fast-fashion brand Zara — could soon topple Bill Gates’s as the world’s richest person. He has done it at least four times, including twice this week alone! On August 29, the Spanish retail tycoon and the Microsoft founder Ortega ‘were separated by only a few million dollars and were switching back and forth as the world’s richest person,’ Forbes reported. ‘As of 1.45 pm [EST], Gates was back in the No 1 spot. At 2 pm, he had a net worth of $84.722 billion vs $84.72 billion for Ortega. Then, as of 2.30 pm, Gates’ net worth dropped $7 million, landing him in the No 2 spot,’ Forbes added. Gates regained his top spot as the world’s richest person by the end of the day. The next day too,… Read full this story
- Bill Gates predicts the return of Microsoft Bob
- Gates Back On Top Of Forbes' Billionaire Rankings
- 2016 Billionaires Ranking: Bill Gates Is Again Richest Person In The World
- Bill Gates quietly funding effort to develop thousands of new vaccines that conveniently ‘might’ become pandemics
- Gates would back Xbox spin-off
- Steve Jobs Was A Tough Character, Says Bill Gates
- Gates' historical legacy may focus more on philanthropy
- Gates: Microsoft Products 'Need More Than a Tune-up'
- Scan your Android for Certifi-Gate vulnerability
- Zuckerberg Calls Bill Gates a Hero; Talks Mobile, Challenges
He is a threat to Bill Gates. You know him as the founder of ZARA! have 281 words, post on www.rediff.com at August 31, 2017. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.