The concept of an identity crisis brought on by Los Angeles is a trope that plays out both in real life and, ironically, on the Hollywood screen. But for the designers behind the buzzed about new label Vaquera, who recently collaborated with Hulu on a capsule collection for The Handmaid’s Tale, it was a combination of the City of Angels and their own confrontation with the concept of identity that inspired their fourth collection, which the collective presented Tuesday.”We went to L.A. and we got really inspired by California vibes, and we wanted to work that into the collection,” said Bryn Taubensee in a post-show interview alongside fellow designers David Moses, Patric DiCaprio and Claire Sully. “The overarching theme of the collection is an identity crisis, and I think we realized that when we started to talk about California, we were in the middle of an identity crisis.” While fabric shopping in L.A., the designers made time to visit the tourist-y sites, including the Walk of Fame and Venice Beach. The Venice Boardwalk vibes were especially strong in the clothes, with hints of the spray-painted souvenir tees featuring twisted and slashed cut-outs playing out in an oversize T-shirt dress, as well as brightly colored board shorts and… Read full this story
- Los Angeles typhus outbreak reaches ‘epidemic levels'
- Jamie Dornan sells £2.3m Los Angeles home
- Pictured: Inside Jamie Dornan’s Los Angeles mansion sold for £2.3m
- Police investigating after video shows man slapping hippopotamus’ behind at Los Angeles zoo
- Ben Simmons jets into Los Angeles wearing sweats worth almost $2,000
- Jared Goff stars as Los Angeles Rams continue winning streak
- Five things for first-timers to do in Los Angeles @discoverLA @TCAirlinesUK
- Los Angeles turns down funding for program targeting Muslims
- Tech Extravaganza: First Ever VR-Powered Circus Opening in Los Angeles
- News.Az — Your Window to the RegionSpanish edition of ‘Los Angeles Times’ writes about the beauty of Baku
Los Angeles and an Identity Crisis Helped Shape Vaquera's Spring Collection have 325 words, post on www.hollywoodreporter.com at September 13, 2017. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.