I wonder what Taniela Tupou thinks of the latest grumble from a former Western Force player. Two days after Tupou’s family home in Tonga was swept away by Cyclone Gita’s 200 km/hr winds, new Melbourne Rebels captain Adam Coleman was on Wednesday reiterating how his ex-Force teammates had sacrificed so much in moving from Perth to the Victorian capital to continue their rugby careers. “Just got off the phone with my brother from Tonga. Our house is gone already and the cyclone is not even there yet,” Tupou posted on his Instagram account. “Not exactly what I wanted to hear but much love to all my Fams back home. “Stay safe errbody.” Thankfully, Tongan Thor’s family – it seems his mother Loisi and four sisters live in a tiny village outside the Tongan capital of Nuku’alofa – were unharmed. But it brought into perspective what Tupou has given up to be in his position – which in a global context is extremely privileged in itself (do you know that a person on the average Australian salary of about $80,000 puts them in the top 0.19 per cent of incomes globally). As a 16-year-old, he left Tonga to take up a… Read full this story
- Quarantine May Force Players to Skip Overseas Tours: Josh Hazlewood
- It's wonderful in Waverley but hell in Hull! League table of most prosperous places to live show it's grim up north - but how does your town rate?
- Action needed to protect future players
- Children are more willing to sacrifice their own happiness to punish others for bad behaviour if they know they will be 'taught a lesson', study finds
- IPL 2020: CSK players pay tribute to Dean Jones and singer Balasubrahmanyam
- Prince Harry touches on his ‘military sacrifice’: ‘nothing ever prepares you’
- From Half-Life to Borderlands: the rise of Gearbox Software
- Poster girl police sergeant, 35, who shared bikini pictures from exotic holidays while on seven months sick leave quits the force blaming 'bullying and harassment' by colleagues
- Soni Somarajan's INSPIRING LIFE
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg changed my life forever—but her fight isn’t over
Sacrifices and opportunities: Life not too grim for former Force players have 340 words, post on www.theroar.com.au at February 16, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.