by Press Association 16/03/2018, 1:32 pm FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail Send us a story Sign up to our Daily newsletter A couple targeted by a crossbow attack which left one of them dead and the other seriously injured had reported the suspect to the police a year before he struck, the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) has said. Shane Gilmer, 30, was murdered at his home in Southburn near Driffield, Humberside, on January 12 and his partner Laura Sugden was also injured. Their neighbour Anthony Howarth, also known as Anthony Lawrence, was the suspect who fled and the 55-year-old was found dead in a car in North Yorkshire the next day. The IOPC said the couple had made “a number of reports” about Howarth, dating back to January 2017. The watchdog will investigate Humberside Police’s response to their complaints and will look at the nature of the contact with police, how this was recorded and how the force responded. The IOPC said the manhunt for Howarth and his death were not part of the investigation. An inquest into Mr Gilmer’s murder was due to be held later. IOPC regional director for the north east, Miranda Biddle, said: “We carefully considered the referral… Read full this story
- Donald Trump renews his attack on Chicago's police superintendent after cop boycotted president's visit to the city and said his claims about being briefed by angry rank-and-file officers were untrue
- Suspect Charged with Murder in Death of Golf Champion Celia Barquin Arozamena
- Tucson Murder Suspect Fugitive Faked A Medical Emergency
- Fatal Fall; Drug Smugglers: Oceanside, SD County Police Log
- Arson Spree; School Fire: Oceanside, SD County Police Log
- At Least 8 Dead and Officers Shot in Saturday Morning Attack on Pittsburgh Synagogue
- Man Wanted In Murder, Robbery Cases Shot Dead In Milwaukee: Cops
- $5K Reward Offered For Vehicle Driven By Tucson Fugitive Couple
- As police investigate Carruth, Cherica Adams and newborn son fight for their lives
- Her relationship with a Carolina Panther began at a pool party. It ended in murder.
Crossbow attack couple reported suspect to police a year before murder – IOPC have 323 words, post on www.yorkpress.co.uk at March 16, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.