By March 26, 2018, 8:00 AM EDT Google signed a deal with Shopify Inc. to help host the e-commerce company’s online stores on the Alphabet Inc. unit’s cloud service.The deal brings a new, fast-growing customer into Google’s fold as cloud chief Diane Greene tries to catch Microsoft Corp. and Amazon.com Inc. in the lucrative business of internet-based computing.It’s also another case of a retail-related company choosing Google over Amazon’s cloud. Companies including Home Depot Inc. and Williams-Sonoma Inc. have shunned Amazon Web Services in favor of Microsoft and Google because the e-commerce giant is a rival.Ottawa-based Shopify provides websites and tools to help smaller merchants sell online and compete with retailers like Amazon. The company has grown rapidly since its initial public offering in 2015, with its stock gaining more than 700 percent.
- Facebook, Google, Apple and Amazon use coronavirus to make 'shameless' plea to dodge new UK digital services tax that could generate £440m for the Treasury
- Trend Micro Honored As 2019 Google Cloud Technology Partner of the Year for Security
- Master Concept Wins 2019 Google Cloud Specialization Partner of the Year Award for Work Transformation
- Coronavirus: How Amazon is powering the ‘internet’
- Amazon to suspend delivery service competing with UPS, FedEx
- Online retailer Amazon to suspend delivery service competing with UPS, FedEx
- How to easily back up your photos and videos to the cloud
- Corrected - Amazon, Google race to get your DNA into the cloud
- Amazon, Google race to get your DNA into the cloud
- Oracle exits OpenWorld 2019 with a lot riding on Autonomous Database, Oracle Cloud conversions, services pivot
Shopify Chooses Google Cloud Service Over Amazon have 269 words, post on www.bloomberg.com at March 26, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.