Baseball is back, sports fans. And the bulk of Opening Day action did not disappoint. But don’t just take our word for it, let’s take a closer look! 1) Matt Davidson slugs 3 home runs for the White Sox. Davidson, slashing just .220/.260/.452 last season, did remember how to hit the long ball. While he would hit 26 dingers a season ago, that’s pretty much all he did. And on Opening Day against the Royals, he would homer thrice. But that’s not all. By doing so, Davidson becomes just the fourth player to hit 3 home runs on Opening Day. He joins George Bell, Tuffy Rhodes and Dmitri Young. 2) Adam Jones hits first walk-off of the 2018 season. While the Orioles would give up two in the ninth against the Twins, it didn’t stop Baltimore’s center fielder from starting the party all over again. Oh, and that’s quite the feat, Baltimore! 3) Nick Markaksis slugs first walk-off of career. The Braves would trail 5-0 on Opening Day at one point. But they just did not quit. And with two on in the bottom of the 9th, outfielder Nick Markakis would achieve a career first. This isn’t just any home run for… Read full this story
- ‘The way universities are run is making us ill’: inside the student mental health crisis
- Bundesliga: Bayern Munich scrape opening win after VAR controversy
- A path-breaker for the release of other Angola inmates, John Esteen isn't home just yet
- India vs West Indies, 2nd Test, Day 3 live cricket score and ball by ball commentary: West Indies 45/2 at stumps, chasing 468
- George H.W. Bush, 41st President of the US dead at 94: Cold War warrior, who spent a lifetime in high public office and ruled an American political dynasty passes away in Texas eight months after his beloved wife Barbara
- Meghan Markle walking away from the Royal Family is insulting and will end in tears, says Ulrika Jonsson
- How an open data blogger proved the NYPD issued parking tickets in error
- Brexit day in pro-leave areas: 'I live in hope it's the right decision'
- India vs New Zealand 5th T20I: Rohit, Rahul, Bumrah shine as India win by 7 runs, claim series 5-0 - As it happened
- Public health bosses urge 2,000 recent arrivals from China to call NHS if they feel ill and tells doctors to ask patients with flu symptoms if they’ve travelled to Wuhan as 14 people are tested for coronavirus in UK
Walk-offs and Home Runs Rule Opening Day have 413 words, post on www.yardbarker.com at March 28, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.