The US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website has suffered a number of technical difficulties on what is the last day for Americans to file their tax returns. A number of pages key to amending tax records or making payments have been down at various points in the day, although a cause has not yet been identified. Tax Day, as it it known normally falls on 15 April, but that was a Sunday, while Monday was a holiday in Washington DC. Read more Six tax-year hacks to boost your finances “Currently, certain IRS systems are experiencing technical difficulties,” an IRS spokesperson said. “Taxpayers should continue filing their tax returns as they normally would.” IRS Acting Commissioner David Kautter testified during a House Oversight Hearing Tuesday that a number of systems are down at the moment and that the agency is working to resolve the issue. The IRS typically recommends that taxpayers use electronic filing to avoid common mistakes. Online filing is quicker than posting a return — when the site works. Those who file electronically typically also get any refund faster. World news in pictures 50 show all World news in pictures 1/50 European lawmakers raise placards reading “Stop the War in Syria” in protest… Read full this story
- IRS child tax credit 2021 payments – Warning to act by August 30 deadline to opt out & stop stimulus bill payments
- Waiting for your IRS child tax credit? Here’s how to track your August payment
- What You Need To Know About The New Tax Credit Meant To Help Businesses Of Practically Any Size Keep Employees On Payroll
- Yes, you still have to file taxes during a government shutdown
- House Tax Committee Chides IRS About Slow Start To Tax Season, Urges Tax-Day Deadline Delay
- Child Tax Credit: August Payments Arriving In Parents’ Bank Accounts
- Child Tax Credit: When Will Your Next Payment Be Deposited?
- Child Tax Credit: When Will Your Second Payment Arrive?
- Child Tax Credit: When Is Your Second Payment Coming?
- IRS Agrees To Speed Up Payroll Tax Refunds Related To New Covid-19 Credits
IRS site down: US tax service suffers partial outage ahead of filing deadline have 330 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at April 16, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.