Tesla CEO Elon Musk is taking over Model 3 production. According to The Information, Musk took direct control of the Tesla division responsible for producing its mass-market Model 3 last week. Musk told Tesla employees in an earlier email Monday obtained by Jalopnik that Tesla will fall short of its manufacturing goals when it reports totals to investors later this week. Musk has pushed aside from manufacturing Tesla’s SVP of engineering, Doug Field, who joined the automaker from Apple. Tesla failed to hit its manufacturing goal of 500 Model 3s per day, or 2,500 a month. The Information reports: Until the move by Mr. Musk, Mr. Field had been consolidating power since joining Tesla from Apple in 2013. Mr. Musk had given Mr. Field several chances to raise output, but the company has repeatedly missed its Model 3 production targets over the past year, including after Mr. Field took over manufacturingResponding to the author of the report on Twitter, Musk said Field is focused on vehicle engineering at Tesla and regarded him as a leader in the space. The Tesla leader also said he is back to sleeping at Tesla’s factory in Fremont to oversee production of the Model 3…. Read full this story
- SpaceX Falcon 9 Update: Tesla CEO Elon Musk Gives Up On Space Travel; NASA Not Helping; Elon Shifts To Tesla Model 3?
- Tesla Motors Patents: CEO Elon Musk Makes Technology Open Source, Hopes Major Companies Create More Electric Cars
- Tesla Model Y revealed by Elon Musk – and the all-electric SUV isn’t cheap
- Elon Musk Latest News & Update : Tesla Autopilot 8.1 Upgrade Is To Be Released Soon?
- Tesla Self Driving Car Latest News & Updates: See What Elon Musk's Self-Driving Cars See On The Road
- ‘Elon Musk buys Fortnite’ trends following huge season 11 event
- Elon Musk Latest News & Update: Tesla Maker & Billionaire Wants To Begin Colonizing Mars In 2018
- Elon Musk’s superhero influence chronicled his journey from a hero to villain
- Rage 2 takes a jab at Elon Musk in a secret bunker mission
- Elon Musk's Twitter tirade has me dreaming of a Mass Effect patch
Tesla CEO Elon Musk takes over Model 3 production after falling short have 339 words, post on www.zdnet.com at April 2, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.