Tesla CEO Elon Musk is taking over Model 3 production. According to The Information, Musk took direct control of the Tesla division responsible for producing its mass-market Model 3 last week. Musk told Tesla employees in an earlier email Monday obtained by Jalopnik that Tesla will fall short of its manufacturing goals when it reports totals to investors later this week. Musk has pushed aside from manufacturing Tesla’s SVP of engineering, Doug Field, who joined the automaker from Apple. Tesla failed to hit its manufacturing goal of 500 Model 3s per day, or 2,500 a month. The Information reports: Until the move by Mr. Musk, Mr. Field had been consolidating power since joining Tesla from Apple in 2013. Mr. Musk had given Mr. Field several chances to raise output, but the company has repeatedly missed its Model 3 production targets over the past year, including after Mr. Field took over manufacturingResponding to the author of the report on Twitter, Musk said Field is focused on vehicle engineering at Tesla and regarded him as a leader in the space. The Tesla leader also said he is back to sleeping at Tesla’s factory in Fremont to oversee production of the Model 3…. Read full this story
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk in 'clear violation' of SEC restraint, court hears
- Tesla's Elon Musk in the hot seat, again
- Elon Musk Admits He Was Wrong, But His Confidence Is Still Intact
- Elon Musk's 'pedo guy' case hears tweet left British cave expert Vernon Unsworth 'humiliated'
- Tesla CEO Musk facing defamation trial for 'pedo guy' tweet
- Elon Musk faces defamation trial for 'pedo guy' tweet
- Stuff Elon Musk Said About Tesla Autonomous Cars on Monday, Ranked
- Elon Musk Claims Tesla Model S Sets New Record At Laguna Seca, Which Is Not The Nürburgring
- Elon Musk in court dances around meaning of ‘pedo guy’ tweet
- Pablo Escobar’s brother has a ‘warning’ for Elon Musk and Apple
Tesla CEO Elon Musk takes over Model 3 production after falling short have 319 words, post on www.zdnet.com at April 2, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.