President Trump is meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe at the president’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida on Tuesday as the two are slated to engage in talks on developments in the Korean Peninsula and other bilateral matters. The latest meeting between the leaders comes ahead of expected summits between North Korea and the U.S. and South Korea, and as the Koreas are reportedly set to declare an end to their decades-long war. Mr. Trump said the Koreas “have by blessing” to discuss ending their conflict, but said the war isn’t over yet. Mr. Trump said the announced meeting with North Korea is “coming along,” although no location or time has been announced yet. The president said that meeting will happen “probably in early June” or before that if things go well, but conceded the meeting might not happen at all. Seated beside Mr. Trump, Abe said he commended the president’s “courage” in deciding to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. “I hope to thoroughly discuss North Korea and other issues of mutual interest between Japan and the U.S.,” Abe said at a meeting of representatives from his ruling coalition and the government earlier this month. Mr…. Read full this story
- Paris Fury responds to Donald Trump inviting Tyson to the White House with teasing side-eye emoji
- Tax cuts, tariff relief and travel restrictions: White House hunts for options to contain virus fallout
- A Brief Guide to Every 5-Alarm Fire Currently Engulfing the White House
- Coronavirus: Democratic White House hopeful targets President Trump on deadly virus response
- Kim Kardashian takes Alice Johnson and three other newly-released prisoners to the White House for criminal justice reform meeting after Trump granted them clemency
- Iowa caucuses: Can Elizabeth Warren's golden retriever Bailey help her win the White House?
- Fury longs for caravan despite receiving White House, Vatican invites
- Trump meets a new enemy
- 'We're talking about a vaccine, maybe even a cure.' Donald Trump meets pharma executives at the White House as coronavirus spreads and says he WON'T stop holding rallies because they are 'safe'
- U.S. lawmakers warned of wider coronavirus outbreak; White House urges calm
Trump meets with Japan's Abe at "southern White House" -- live stream have 354 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at April 17, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.