Google and YouTube’s most senior staff have responded to the shooting at the video site’s headquarters that left at least one person dead. YouTube staff were sent fleeing for cover after a woman entered its headquarters with a handgun and injured at least three people, before taking her own life. Her motives still remain unclear, but police have said she appeared to hold a grudge against the company. The bosses of both Google and YouTube have spoken out about the shooting, describing the company as a “family” and thanking law enforcement for their response to the attack. World news in pictures + show all World news in pictures 1/50 Presidents Hassan Rouhani of Iran, Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey and Vladimir Putin of Russia pose before their meeting in Ankara. Reuters 2/50 South African school children pause next to a portrait of the late South African anti-apartheid campaigner Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, wife of African National Congress leader Nelson Mandela, at her house in Soweto. South African President Cyril Ramaphosa paid tribute to Winnie, who died on April 2, saying that Nelson Mandela’s former wife was a “voice of defiance” against white-minority rule. AFP/Getty 3/50 Jewish priests and civilians take part in the Cohanim… Read full this story
- NSA Prism program taps in to user data of Apple, Google and others
- Video shows race car ride guardrail 'like a skateboard' before crash at NC track
- La Marque native Jeff Banister on Santa Fe shooting: It's gut-wrenching
- Attack on Sporting: What Drove Lisbon Fans to Violence Against Their Own Team?
- Rockets star Chris Paul: NBA playoffs are 'minor' after Santa Fe school shooting
- Wichita State signee Stevenson records double-double in Northwest Shootout, but perimeter shooting downs Washington
- Facebook told two women their pro-Trump videos were unsafe’
- Senior weekend sweep has USC softball thinking of more home games — in NCAA tourney
- DFW student goes from team manager to flying drones and signaling plays as offensive assistant on football staff
- NFL Draft: Standout defensive players from the 2017 Senior Bowl
YouTube shooting: Senior staff at Google respond to attack on video site's headquarters have 325 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at April 4, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.