DiasporaPosted at: May 23, 2018, 12:42 PM; last updated: May 23, 2018, 5:03 PM (IST)Also in this sectionIndian engineer’s killer pleads guilty to hate crimesNYPD gets first female turbaned Sikh auxiliary police officerIndian student plunges 40 mtrs to death while taking selfie in AustraliaPhoto for representational purpose only.Washington, May 23 Arguing the case of tens of thousands of Indian professionals waiting for their permanent legal residency, a top American lawmaker has called for lifting country-cap on Green Card, saying the existing system creates a power imbalance between employer and employee. Senator Orrin Hatch, president of Pro Tempore of the US Senate and Chairman of the Senate Republican High-Tech Task Force, said the Green Card backlog was driven in part by the American laws that cap the number of employment-based green cards that can be issued each year to a given country. This means that individuals from small countries with relatively few emigrants to the US face relatively short green card delays, while individuals from large countries like India and China face decades-long delays, he said at an event hosted by Compete America yesterday. “There is no good reason to force a worker from a large country to wait longer to… Read full this story
- United States is one step closer to scrapping country caps on green cards
- Green card wait time likely to remain high for Indian applicants
- NRI Helpdesk: What are the risks involved in renewing F1 visa in another country?
- Australian Eileen Cikamatana becomes first woman to win Commonwealth gold for two countries
- 10K Christians rip Greene's Christian nationalism: "Betrayal of our faith"
- Gotabaya Rajapaksa: Sri Lankan President flees the country amid economic crisis | World News - Times of India
- India leading country of origin for immigrant-founded US unicorns: NFAP study
- Tax reforms for 20% income tax rate cap, exemption of first P400k earnings pushed
- Ukraine: Germany's Baerbock rejects lifting Russia sanctions — live updates
- Editor Daily Rundown: Biden Caught With Instruction Card On How To Be A Human
US lawmaker pushes for lifting country cap on Green Card have 319 words, post on www.oneindia.com at May 23, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.