Last March, we wrote about how Moonlight director Barry Jenkins was teaming up with Amazon to adapt Colson Whitehead’s award-winning novel The Underground Railroad for television. But a new press release confirms that Jenkins will direct every episode of the upcoming limited series. That’s great news for all the Jenkinsians out there – that’s what all the hardcore Barry Jenkins fans call themselves, right? We’d previously heard that Jenkins would write and direct some episodes of The Underground Railroad, but Amazon has now officially confirmed that he’ll direct all eleven episodes of the limited series. Here’s the official description of The Underground Railroad, which is based on Whitehead’s Pulitzer Prize-winning 2016 novel: Cora is a slave on a cotton plantation in Georgia. Life is hell for all the slaves, but especially bad for Cora; an outcast even among her fellow Africans, she is coming into womanhood—where even greater pain awaits. When Caesar, a recent arrival from Virginia, tells her about the Underground Railroad, they decide to take a terrifying risk and escape. The Underground Railroad is no mere metaphor—engineers and conductors operate a network of tracks and tunnels constructed in secret beneath the very Southern soil upon which they’ve been… Read full this story
- Well-known Hollywood director of photography to come to Vietnam
- Cave at Vietnam's UNESCO-recognized park likely to be 'Peter Pan' location
- 15 movies to be released in Vietnam in November
- Google rolls in tablet market with Nexus 7
- Facebook to produce own TV series, games
- Phong Nha: Ten years like a dream!
- Phong Nha-Kẻ Bàng National Park - a fabulous Heaven Land
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 28/2
- France’s Deauville American film fest opens with Twin Peaks’ Laura Dern
- GOVERNMENT IN BRIEF 31/10
Barry Jenkins Will Direct Every Episode of Amazon's 'Underground Railroad' have 285 words, post on www.slashfilm.com at June 6, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.