A former mayor, a man who stole a child’s piggy bank, serial burglars and a drunken pilot have all been jailed in Surrey so far this year. Surrey Live is naming this year’s worst criminals in an attempt to bring to light the efforts of the police and courts to halt crime. Thousands of hours of time in prison have been dished out over the year so far. These are the faces of just some of the criminals sent to prison from January to June. A sex offending former mayor Simon Thornton, 46, was jailed for nine years at Guildford Crown Court on June 18 after admitting more than 20 child sex offences, including possession of indecent photographs and videos. A “predatory” former Godalming mayor and councillor, Thornton was involved in a three-year sexual relationship with a teenager aged under-16. A serial burglar James McDonagh, 36, of no fixed address, was charged with three counts of burglary relating to separate offences in Tandridge in January. He was jailed after a series of burglaries in which a First World War medal and a child’s piggy bank were stolen on two separate occasions in Lingfield. McDonagh was found guilty of all three… Read full this story
- Britain's worst landlord to take nine years to pay off string of fines
- What Criminal Minds Still Isn't Allowed To Show On Camera
- How Criminal Minds Is Setting Up Its Slightly Different Final Season
- Netflix Picks Up ‘Locke And Key’ Straight To Series
- Criminal Minds Stars Talk J.J. And Reid In Final Season
- Why Criminal Minds' Reid And JJ Might Not Get Together In The Final Season
- Why did Mandy Patinkin quit 'CI?" Five years later, he speaks...
- Locke And Key: An Updated Cast List
- 15 Dark Secrets Behind Criminal Minds
- The 10 Best (and Five Worst) Movies of 2017
Worst criminals locked up in Surrey in first six months of year have 294 words, post on www.getsurrey.co.uk at June 26, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.