Bank of Queensland (BOQ) has announced a partnership with payments firm Square, touted by the companies as a way to help a small business get up and running quickly. Special Feature IT Innovation for Small Businesses Many of today’s small businesses and startups have become leading-edge adopters and innovators in technology because they are not chained to big, legacy systems. Read More According to BOQ general manager for SME Banking Greg Pink, the partnership gives the bank’s small business customers “greater access to payment options” when it comes to running their business. The companies said the partnership is designed as a “one-stop-shop” solution, as it enables business owners to walk into any of the bank’s branches and walk out ready to set up shop. New BOQ small business customers signing up for business banking services will receive a free Square Reader for contactless and chip. They will also receive fee-free processing for the first AU$1,000 of sales. Square, founded and run by Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, launched in Australia in 2015. When the company launched its Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) contactless payments reader in Australia, Square’s local country manager Ben Pfisterer told ZDNet that the uptake of Square’s products had… Read full this story
- Bullock announces support for small businesses
- Black Restaurant Week Showcases American, Caribbean, African Cuisine, Helps Small Businesses
- Who stands tall with the small business?
- Frustrated SF Small Business Owners Make Case For Reopening On Steps Of City Hall
- Nolte: Lockdowns Wipe out Nearly 50% of Black Small Businesses
- What the PPP Extension Bill Trump Signed Means for Small Businesses
- How Banks Are Trying to Hurt Small Business in a Time of Crisis | Opinion
- 71% of small businesses see demand fall: Survey
- Rs 1 lakh crore small business loans at risk after Chennai floods
- Restaurants, Small Businesses Struggle To Survive As Insurance Rates Rise Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
Bank of Queensland targets small business with Square partnership have 316 words, post on www.zdnet.com at July 16, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.