Harare – Rather than throw a kettle over a pub, it was Zimbabwe pasted all over the Harare Sports Club. Aaron Finch bludgeoned his way to within three runs of Chris Gayle’s world-record Twenty20 score and bettered his own chart-topper in Twenty20 internationals as Australia cantered to a second victory in as many days in the triangular series in Harare. Placing his stamp on the tournament and Australia’s short-form captaincy, Finch blazed 10 sixes in an opening stand of 223 – with a more subdued D’Arcy Short – that lasted until the final over of the visitors’ innings after they were sent in by Zimbabwe. Left with three balls to make the four runs he required to set a new world record score in all T20 matches, Finch was dismissed hit wicket when aiming for one more mighty blow. Still, he walked off having delivered a comfortably match-winning total for his team. Despite a rapid start, as Billy Stanlake struggled to replicate the rhythm he had achieved against Pakistan the day before, Zimbabwe never truly threatened in the chase. Ashton Agar and Andrew Tye both delivered tight spells for the Australians, on a sluggish surface that was by no means… Read full this story
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part Two breaks multiple box office records
- Xbox One launch biggest in Australia’s history, says EB Games
- Paranormal Activity 3 wins opening weekend, sets premiere record for horror movies
- Japanese anime fans set new Twitter record
- Jurassic World stomps over worldwide box office records
- Friday the 13th Game Sets Guinness World Record
- Pokemon X & Y make Record Breaking Release in New Zealand and Australia
- In Australia this Labor Day weekend? Flash a smile in the world’s largest selfie
- Opinion: Are 's Ladders Its Biggest Flaw?
- The biggest PC gaming controversies of 2016
Finch record 172 in Australia's biggest T20 win have 293 words, post on nation.com.pk at July 4, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.