A Kuwaiti beauty blogger is facing fierce criticism over her condemnation of new laws which improve the working conditions of her Filipino maid. Makeup artist Sondos Alqattan revealed her anger in a video shared with her 2.3 million followers on Instagram. In it, she bemoaned the fact that her “servants” will now be allowed to keep their passports, take breaks every five hours and have one day off per week. READ MORE: Kuwait hangs royal family member in mass execution “How can one keep a maid at home and not keep her passport? If she takes off or leaves one day, who will compensate me?,” she asked, referencing the money some employers pay to fly workers to Kuwait. “Honestly I disagree with this law. I don’t want a Filipino maid any more.” Sondos remained unapologetic for the remarks on Monday, posting a statement to the social media platform claiming that she treats her employees fairly and and doesn’t “impose long working hours.” However, she reiterated her belief that workers should not be allowed keep their passports. The comments sparked a furious backlash online and among the blogger’s fans in the Middle East and Philippines, with many likening her treatment of employees… Read full this story
- There's now an official guide for social media influencers posting ads
- Alex Jones Forced Social Media to Make a Choice
- Impact of social media on children’s mental health a 'real tragedy for our time', says new private schools chief
- Staggering social media impact of Ronaldo Juventus transfer revealed
- Politicians Blast Ukrainian Law Banning ‘Russian Cultural Products’ in Public Spaces
- Zuckerberg admits social media is a weapon, says Facebook in 'arms race' against 'bad actors'
- Social media stars blasted by watchdog because they ‘cheat fans by pumping out paid adverts disguised as personal messages’
- Social media's fake secret: can online influencers be trusted?
- Under-14s will need parents' consent to use social media
- Impact of social media on children’s mental health is a 'real tragedy for our time', says new private schools chief
Kuwaiti Instagram star blasts new law allowing servants to keep passports, draws social media fire have 334 words, post on www.rt.com at July 23, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.