President Donald Trump praised Rep. Martha McSally Monday, who is seeking the Republican nomination for the hotly contested U.S. Senate seat in Arizona. “I’ve gotten to know her very well, and she is terrific,” Trump said of McSally, after touting her resume as an Air Force veteran. McSally was one of six congressional members at Fort Drum in upstate New York with Trump to witness his signing of the national defense authorization act, this year named after ailing U.S. Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona. McCain’s Capitol Hill colleagues named the Pentagon legislation in his honor as he fights a deadly form of brain cancer at his family’s retreat near Sedona. He is a six-term senator, former prisoner of war, GOP presidential nominee and chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee. In a statement Monday, McCain said he was proud the legislation would give American service members the resources they need. Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn The John McCain-Donald Trump feud Fullscreen Posted! A link has been posted to your Facebook feed. Donald Trump and John McCain have been sparring publicly from the beginning of Trump’s campaign for presidency, which began in June 2015. Here are the highlights. The Republic Fullscreen June 30, 2015: Two weeks after Trump announced his… Read full this story
- A look back at Donald Trump’s tumultuous second year in office
- Who has Donald Trump named as his next White House chief of staff?
- Donald Trump names Mick Mulvaney as acting White House chief of staff
- Donald Trump signed letter of intent over Moscow Trump Tower project, leaked document reveals
- US Defence Secretary Jim Mattis resigns just 24 hours after Donald Trump says he will be pulling troops from Syria
- Donald Trump announces new acting Secretary of Defence
- Opinion: Now he has been arrested, how long will Roger Stone remain loyal to Donald Trump?
- Donald Trump: 'I've been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize'
- George Michael lookalike takes a selfie with Donald Trump after wowing the President
- Blind worm-like amphibian named after Donald Trump
At defense bill signing, Donald Trump praises Martha McSally, but not John McCain have 343 words, post on www.azcentral.com at August 13, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.