A man left a bag containing £1,500 worth of heroin in a police car following his arrest. Abdulkarim Haji was arrested and searched and when he was taken to a police custody suite in November 2016 A small wrap of cocaine was seized as well as his phone. But later that day an officer found a bag of heroin in the footwell of the the police car where the 21-year-old had been sitting. No-one else had sat there either before or since the police vehicle was routinely checked. The defendant denied the drugs were his but was found guilty of possessing 27 grams of the class A drug, with intent to supply, on a majoirity 11-1 verdict, following a jury trial at Leicester Crown Court. Haji, formerly of De Montfort House, Oxford Street, Leicester, pleaded guilty to possessing the small wrap of cocaine. What were the jurors told? Neil Bannister, prosecuting, told the jury: “The inescapable inference is that packet must have been secreted in the vehicle whilst the defendant had the opportunity to do so. “His mobile phone was examined and certain messages on the phone indicated an element of drug dealing had been taking place. “An expert considered… Read full this story
- Coronavirus catching out drug dealers standing out to police by 'working from home'
- Premature Evaluation: Drug Dealer Simulator
- Missing teenager Luke Durbin who was last seen in 2006 could have been abducted by south London drug dealers, claims a former gang member in a TV documentary re-examining the case
- Callous drug dealers use six-month-old baby to hide drugs after stuffing his nappy with cocaine
- Harry Potter the drug dealer locked up after admitting to selling pot
- Dramatic moment a would-be supermarket queue-jumper is tackled to the ground by police and arrested after abusing Tesco staff and customers
- Locals help police arrest alleged drug dealer
- Westport PD Seizes Heroin, Crack Cocaine From Drug Dealer Suspect
- South Africa: Criminals Stash Drugs in Coffins During Coronavirus Lockdown
- Inside Rodrigo Duterte's drug war — Part 1, the cycle of violence
Drug dealer stashed bag of heroin in police car after arrest have 325 words, post on www.leicestermercury.co.uk at August 12, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.