A major fire in a manufacturing building on the Stanlow oil refinery site is now out. Clouds of smoke billowed across the plant and could be seen for many miles around after the fire broke out at around 2pm today (Wednesday, August 22). Six fire engines were sent to the scene from Ellesmere Port, Powey Lane, Chester, Widnes and Northwich. Thankfully, all staff were accounted for and were evacuated. Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service have just issued the following statement: “Shortly after 2pm today emergency services received reports of a fire within the SHOP chemical plant at the Stanlow site in Ellesmere Port. Stanlow refinery fire in pictures View gallery “Crews from Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service along with onsite firefighters from Essar quickly brought the fire under control and it was fully extinguished within three hours. “The fire caused a large plume of smoke above the site, which has now dispersed. Fire crews remain at the site. “The incident was confined to the manufacturing area of the site and did not affect the refinery. All staff within the affected area were evacuated as a precaution and there were no reports of any injuries.” Inspector Richard Reeves from Cheshire Police… Read full this story
- Fire at Oil Refinery in South Philadelphia Causes Massive Explosions
- At Least Four People Died in Fire at Oil Refinery in W Russia – Authorities
- China Takes Indirect Route to Acquire Stakes in India’s Biggest Oil Refineries
- Saudi-Pakistan Oil Refinery to Augment Connectivity in Silk Road - Entrepreneur
- Lindsey Graham: If Iran 'attacks shipping again,' US should consider 'taking out their Navy, oil refineries'
- Houthi Involvement in Saudi Oil Refinery Attacks 'Entirely Implausible' - UK Foreign Minister
- Nigeria's booming illegal oil refineries
- COMMENT- Will the Ratnagiri refinery go the Singur way?
- Bahrain's Bapco sees oil trading opportunities as it expands refinery
- Indian Oil quarterly profit was lowest in 3 years; Subdued margins and inventory losses continue to weigh
Major fire at Stanlow oil refinery has been extinguished have 325 words, post on www.chesterchronicle.co.uk at August 22, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.