Welcome to Edition 1.12 of the Rocket Report! This week we have all kinds of stories about small rockets, the scoop on a Texas rocket company back from the dead, and some commercial crew launch dates that we may believe. Or maybe not. As always, we welcome reader submissions, and if you don’t want to miss an issue, please subscribe using the box below (the form will not appear on AMP-enabled versions of the site). Each report will include information on small-, medium-, and heavy-lift rockets as well as a quick look ahead at the next three launches on the calendar. New report quantifies surge in small rockets. In an updated report on the state of the small-satellite launch industry, Carlos Niederstrasser quantifies the increase in potential small launch vehicle contenders, defined as rockets capable of carrying up to 1000kg to low-Earth orbit. The growth has been remarkable. “The total number of efforts we are tracking… has increased from a mere 31 in 2015 to over 101 in 2018,” he writes. Boom times … “It is clear that the market will not be able to support most of this new entrants, but it is equally clear that both the founders… Read full this story
- Rocket Report: Turbulent pricing era ahead, SLS concerns, SpaceX plays catch
- Rocket Report: Russia’s new spacecraft; is the US sabotaging Iranian rockets?
- Rocket Report: SpaceX says it would launch weapons, Bezos plays for defense too
- Rocket Report: Virgin goes Italian, SpaceX’s giant net, a nuclear launcher
- Rocket Report: Russia’s nuclear rocket, airspace wars, BFR changes explained
- Rocket Report: SpaceX gets top clearance, Europe job cuts, Russian plans
- Lensers take worldly view
- Jeff Bezos Saves 'The Expanse,' Lays Out Vision for Human Space Colonies
- Accion's 1st Space Thrusters Could Launch on a Cubesat This Weekend
- Best Summer Space Reads for Kids
Rocket Report: Firefly resurrected, World View accident, Bezos to talk space have 295 words, post on arstechnica.com at August 10, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.