A man who punched a police horse after England ‘s World Cup semi-final defeat to Croatia has been handed a community order. Scott Spurling, 23, had been watching the match at the Allstars bar in Weston-super-Mare, Somerset, on July 11. North Somerset Magistrates’ Court heard Spurling was involved in a fight outside the bar at about 9.50pm. Spurling first punched 57-year-old Ron Ganfield, a former Premier League match official, who attempted to pull him away. Police Sergeant David Williams, riding police horse Quantock, used a “leg yield” – moving diagonally – to break up the crowd. As Quantock moved across, Spurling, of Weston-super-Mare, punched the horse to the left hand side of his head. Magistrates were told Spurling was heard to “cheer” after striking the horse, before punching Pc Mark Hodder, who attempted to arrest him. He was then taken to the ground and later charged with assaulting a constable in the execution of his duty, assault by beating and causing unnecessary suffering to a protected animal. Spurling admitted the three charges and was sentenced by magistrates on Thursday. Chairman of the bench Adrienne Henderson sentenced Spurling to a ten-week community order and imposed a curfew from 7pm to 7am… Read full this story
- Palace of Westminster security guard is caught on camera telling English Defence League founder Tommy Robinson that he follows him on YouTube as he adds: 'Keep up the good work'
- McLean ends his career with a punch
- Woman, 50, punched unconscious by thugs who robbed her for mobile phone and £16
- Sickening moment 14-year-old special-needs student is sucker-punched and robbed by a group of three teens as he tearfully begs for mercy
- The 50 best shows on Netflix right now
- Thug, 18, is jailed for eight years after leaving a 16-year-old disabled in a sickening baseball bat-attack inspired by the TV's Walking Dead that he celebrated by doing the 'Floss' dance
- Hong Kong airport cancels ALL FLIGHTS due to a 5,000-strong demonstration after 'a female protester was shot in the eye by police' as the city's carrier Cathay Pacific warns it will fire staff who support 'illegal protests'
- Hundreds of Antifa protesters clash with police outside Downing Street and are ridiculed for holding anti-democratic 'F*** Boris' protest just hours after the nation voted to make Johnson Prime Minister
- Pull no punches: how sports movies swapped triumph for truth
- Video of EDL founder Tommy Robinson 'attacking man outside stadium' WILL be used as evidence in court bid to ban him from England football matches, rules judge
Footage shows English football thug punching police horse after Croatia defeat have 403 words, post on www.dailyrecord.co.uk at September 6, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.