Balukh’s lawyer immediately contacted the duty officer at the SIZO who asserted that there had been no incidents at all. Radio Liberty The report that Volodymyr Balukh is in severe pain after being beaten in prison has not been confirmed or refuted, but only because both his lawyer and Archbishop Kliment, his civic defender, were prevented from visiting him on September 15. On September 14, Akhtem Chiygoz, the Crimean Tatar Mejlis leader who was himself held prisoner for nearly three years in the same Simferopol SIZO [remand prison], reported that Balukh had been taken out of his cell by the head of the SIZO Sergei Berezhnoy who ordered him to get on his knees. He refused, after which he was kicked to the concrete floor, and beaten around the head, liver area and legs. According to his information, Balukh was, as a result, suffering pain to the head and liver, the Kharkiv Human Rights Protection Group wrote. Read also Crimean activist Balukh reportedly in serious condition Balukh’s lawyer immediately contacted the duty officer at the SIZO who asserted that there had been no incidents at all. The lawyer said he wished to ascertain this for himself, and was told that… Read full this story
- Euro 2012 a political headache for Ukraine
- Burress released from prison
- Sandusky runs risk of sexual assault in prison
- Who's Funding Kevin Johnson's Secret Government?
- Boycott of Ukraine during Euro 2012 carries risks
- Rogue Platoon Investigation; Neck-and-Neck Race in Nevada; CNN Hero Guadalupe Arizpe De La Vegal;
- French government boycotting Ukraine in Euro 2012
- 14 Serbs convicted for killing Frenchman
- Denmark gov’t rep rejects VIP seat
- At least 27 killed in Egypt riot
Lawyer prevented from seeing Ukrainian political prisoner Balukh after reports he was beaten – KHPG have 267 words, post on www.unian.info at September 16, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.