CD Projekt RED‘s open-world RPG Cyberpunk 2077 was one of the biggest games of E3 2018 to both those who saw the trailer on Microsoft’s stage and ones fortunate enough to see it behind closed doors. Now all of us were able to see that gameplay footage. But despite this, we should dial back our Cyberpunk 2077 hype for the time being. It’s statistically likely that CD Projekt RED, a studio known for heavy hitters, will deliver. But flooding the market with content related to a game this far from its release can cause people to misinterpret how game development works and that fandom can turn toxic, which is a road CDPR has been down before. Cyberpunk 2077 : The Danger of the Hype Train A lot of coverage for a game that’s far from being released plays a cyclical role in fueling the hype train. People are excited so there’s more coverage and more coverage increases people’s excitement. Once you’re on the hype train, it’s hard to jump off without getting injured. And the Cyberpunk 2077 team knows how to give us the content we crave. They’ve had well over a dozen news posts on their official website dissecting… Read full this story
- Cyberpunk 2077: CD Projekt Red promises “more complex” quests than The Witcher 3
- No deal Brexit: an existential crisis akin to Lehman's collapse, or overegged hype?
- Most wanted games 2019: Your guide to the best upcoming titles for console, PC and mobile
- Gears of War 5 – release date rumours, trailers and all the latest announcements for Gears 5
- Rage 2 – gameplay, trailers, release date and everything else you need to know
- The Division 2 price drop: Here's how you can pick up PS4, Xbox One and PC game for £26
- Fortnite Search where the magnifying glass sits on the Treasure Map loading screen: Week 3
- The Division 2 Price Drop: How you can pick up PS4, Xbox One and PC game for £26
- Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order release date, microtransactions, and everything we know so far
- PS5: Next-generation PlayStation release date at least 12 months away says Sony
Why We Should Dial Back Our Cyberpunk 2077 Hype have 341 words, post on www.gamerevolution.com at September 2, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.