Infamous begpacker Anastasia talks with a leader of Phú Quốc General Hospital. — Photo thanhnien.vn Viet Nam News PHÚ QUỐC — Last year, a photograph of a white woman meditating as she sat behind a pot of money on a Phú Quốc Island street caught the attention of Vietnamese Facebook users. Now, local authorities are trying to bring the Russian “begpacker” — the term for tourists from developed countries who rely on handouts from locals to finance their travels — to the Russian Consulate in HCM City after she attempted to use a hospital as a hotel room. According to earlier media reports, the 25-year-old Russian woman, known only as Anastasia, brought her boyfriend to Phú Quốc General Hospital on October 15 to treat his injury after a fight with an owner of a guest house in the island. After learning that the couple had no money, the hospital decided to waive the treatment fee and asked the boyfriend be discharged as his condition was minor. However, Anastasia asked for permission to stay longer in the hospital. According to Trương Văn Hữu, acting director of the hospital, Anastasia insisted on sharing a room with other patients although she was offered… Read full this story
- Phu Quoc is now a global destination. Is that a good thing?
- Wife of MH370 victim pleads Malaysian authorities to keep searching
- What If Trump Has Been a Russian Asset Since 1987?
- How #MeToo shaped Claire Foy's take on Lisbeth Salander in 'The Girl in the Spider's Web'
- Inside secrets of the FBI’s Most Wanted
- Seoul for beginners
- Intercepted Podcast: Radical White Terrorism
- Exclusive: Emin Agalarov Gets Candid About Geopolitical Trolling & Trump Tower Moscow
- Pulitzer-winning reporter David Cay Johnston: "The evidence suggests Trump is a traitor"
- ‘The Monsters Are the Men’: Inside a Thriving Sex Trafficking Trade in Florida
Phú Quốc authority wants to bring ’troublesome’ Russian girl to mainland have 301 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at October 31, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.