The World Travel and Tourism Council just released its report on the economic impact of tourism around the globe, and it just might be time to cash in on all the vacation days you’ve been hoarding–because the list could easily make up your 2019 travel plans. The fastest growing cities in terms of tourism dollars are Cairo and James Bond’s favorite destination, Macau, which was one of five Chinese destinations to make the list, along with Chongqing, Beijing, Shanghai, and Guangzhou. Other emerging destinations to add to your Pinterest board include Dublin, Ireland, Manila, Philippines, and Antalya, Turkey. Why are there so many Chinese destinations on the list? According to Travelzoo senior editor Gabe Saglie, it’s not just because China is a vast country with a lot to offer travelers who can score a visa. “The Chinese government has aggressively subsidized travel to and within the country–generating some of the biggest travel values in the world,” he wrote in an email. China is really booming, too, raking in tourism dollars: Shanghai ($35 billion); Beijing ($32.5 billion) and Shenzhen ($19 billion) were all in the top 10 in terms of how much money tourism contributed to the country’s GDP. Other big contributors… Read full this story
- Where can I go on holiday now? Full list of countries where you won’t have to quarantine in England
- Web page launched for green travel in Vietnam
- Portugal BACK on quarantine list just 3 weeks after being declared safe – but Sweden removed
- Traveling to Germany: Coronavirus restrictions — questions and answers
- European travel restrictions: Where can non-EU travelers enter?
- Traveling from California to Hawaii during coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know
- Brits should book summer 2021 holidays now for the cheapest deals, says travel expert – here are some of the best offers
- Quarantine list UK: Which countries are now on the list?
- Web page launched for green travel in Việt Nam
- Airlines aren’t price gouging for holiday travel — yet
Traveling in 2019? Cairo and Macau top the list of emerging destinations have 320 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at October 26, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.