Education Secretary Betsy DeVos has released a “guide” for parents to help them understand the information mandated by federal education law to be provided on their children’s report cards. “Parents deserve to know what is happening in their child’s school,” DeVos said in a statement announcing the new guide. She added: They should not have to parse through a 500-page legal document to understand how a law or policy affects their children’s education. This guide demonstrates our ongoing commitment to providing parents with user-friendly tools and the information necessary to make informed decisions. Informed parents become empowered and engaged parents who are able to better advocate on behalf of their children. Ironically, the federal “guide” is titled “A Parent Guide to State and Local Report Cards.” DeVos is advertising the guide as a means to achieve “transparency” about the accountability requirements of the federal law known as the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). In the guide, the education department explains that ESSA requires student report cards to display information about how much money from federal, state, and local sources is spent per student for each school. The law also mandates that report cards provide results of annual statewide tests in reading,… Read full this story
- Putin signs federal law suspending plutonium disposal deal with U.S.
- Vietnam gets good report card but urged to do better
- NA deputies discuss leaders’ working reports, child protection draft law
- VCCI Releases Vietnamese Enterprises Annual Report 2006
- Reporters' awareness of press laws to be improved
- Fitch Ratings boosts Vietnam’s report card
- AP reporter violates Vietnam’s laws: spokesman
- AP reporter violated Vietnam's laws: spokesman
- Vietnam continues topping world in entrepreneurship: Amway report
- Google to pay out $150-200m over YouTube privacy claims: reports
DeVos Releases ‘Guide’ for Parents to Understand Report Cards Mandated by Federal Law have 298 words, post on www.breitbart.com at November 8, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.