IT hardly seems like something you’d want to do, but peeking at your poo can tell you a lot about your health. So can a lot of other things, like touching your toes or tapping our your heart rhythm and even eating sweetcorn – so there’s no excuse to ignore your health. When it comes to taking care of ourselves most of us are guilty of putting off going to the doctors or ignoring symptoms. Between work, family, friends and chores, who has time to be sick? Looking after your health is vital, that should go without saying, so Dr Sarah Jarvis, GP and clinical director of patient.info, has shared her 14 at home health checks. Here’s what you need to be looking out for… 1. Check your pee and poo It sounds gross, but it’s really important to do. The colour and consistency of your number ones and number twos can tell you a lot about your health. “Urine should be pale straw colour but if it’s very dark coloured it’s a sign you’re dehydrated,” Sarah said. “Blood in the urine can be an early sign of bladder cancer (something that mainly affect the elderly). “It can range from… Read full this story
- GP patients will have their entire genome screened for clues related to cancer and heart disease risk in a study in the hope of rolling it out on the NHS
- 'Liquid health check' could predict your chances of getting diseases including type 2 diabetes, scientists claim
- Beware, heart disease may be a side effect of breast cancer therapy
- Drinking 3 Cups Of Coffee A Day Can Do This To Your Health, Check It!
- Father, 49, who gave up two-decade smoking habit to improve his health blames VAPING for his heart attack and cardiac arrest
- Vaping is a 'bad alternative' to quitting smoking, says European health body as it warns non-smokers are taking up e-cigarettes at an 'alarming' rate
- Adults 'should have their cholesterol checked at 25' because slashing it in the mid-30s can drastically reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes
- My baby boy needs a new heart… without it, he won’t live to see his 2nd birthday
- Check your cholesterol in your 20s to prevent deadly heart attacks and stroke, docs say
- To help save the planet, cut back to a hamburger and a half per week
The 14 DIY health checks to help you spot the signs of killer heart disease, cancer and meningitis have 389 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 8, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.