Bethlehem’s rich history can be fully appreciated only by walking its streets. Every year, the city enters millions of homes worldwide through the image of the humble manger where Jesus was born. But that image does not compare to experiencing the Old City first hand. Coming to Bethlehem is a unique experience that I would encourage everyone to pursue. Unfortunately, while visitors to Bethlehem have increased in number during the past year, many are unable to explore the city properly. Under Israeli occupation, obstacles hindering the normal development of tourism in Palestine have prevented thousands of people from experiencing what Bethlehem has to offer. The dailyReport Must-reads from across Asia – directly to your inbox For example, I often hear from Palestinian priests that, “In this land, we receive many tourists yet very few pilgrims.” In other words, there are more visitors interested in seeing the stones than in meeting the living stones. This is one consequence of Israel’s monopoly over the tourist industry. Israel has little interest in encouraging visitors to interact with Palestinians or to learn about their heritage. There are more visitors interested in seeing the stones than in meeting the living stones. This is one consequence… Read full this story
- Steve Carter, candidate for mayor-president, says Baton Rouge government needs an implosion
- Despite barbs, Trump family and Chicago mayor can be nice
- EXCLUSIVE: Philadelphia Police Commissioner Outlaw Responds To Former Mayor’s ‘Failure Of Leadership’ Comment Following Walter Wallace Jr. Shooting
- Tel Aviv Diary: Why Is Israel So Corrupt?
- VIETNAM NEWS OCTOBER 30
- Man Refuses Mask in Grocery Store, Pelts Manager With Frozen Pizza and Flees
- Black Lives Matter Activists Court Trump Converts in Crossover Counties
- Ratcliffe says Hunter Biden laptop, emails 'not part of some Russian disinformation campaign'
- BLM protesters who screamed 'f*** the white people' at Pittsburgh diners and drank their beer insist they were NOT the aggressors and the elderly couple 'invited them for a drink' after they were 'harassed'
- Donald Trump says the BLM protesters who screamed 'f*** the white people' at Pittsburgh diners and drank their beer are Joe Biden voters and 'anarchists' as he challenges his rival to 'utter the words, LAW & ORDER!'
Bethlehem’s mayor conveys message of hope have 357 words, post on www.atimes.com at December 26, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.