Top streams for the weekFree streams: Every episode of Joss Whedon’s “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” “Angel” and Firefly” is now streaming for free on Facebook Watch. HBO is streaming “Icebox” (2018, TV-14) for free for nonsubscribers through Jan. 10. Alfonso Cuarón’s semi-autobiographical “ROMA” (Mexico, 2018, not rated, with subtitles), about growing up in Mexico City in the early 1970s, has won awards from film festivals and critics groups and is an early Oscar favorite. It arrives on Netflix while playing in select theaters around the country. Keira Knightley is “Colette” (2018, R) in the biographical drama about the early years of the great French author from award-winning director Wash Westmoreland. On Cable on Demand and Video on Demand, also on DVD and at Redbox. Classic pick: “The Great Escape” (1963) is the exemplar of the World War II adventure, with Steve McQueen leading a massive cast of individualists working on escaping an inescapable German prisoner-of-war camp. It’s a lot of fun but still grounded in a serious reality, and director John Sturges reminds us that such actions have consequences. Streaming on Amazon Prime Video.Pay-Per-View/Video on DemandThe animated comedy “Smallfoot” (2018, PG) follows the adventure of a Yeti in a remote… Read full this story
- 10 Vital Storytelling Lessons I Learned from Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Buffy: Which other Buffy cast member auditioned for the Buffy Summers role?
- Buffy ending: Why did Buffy The Vampire Slayer end?
- Tara Buffy: Why did Tara really leave Buffy The Vampire Slayer?
- Buffy: How old was James Marsters as Spike in Buffy The Vampire Slayer?
- Buffy: How old was Sarah Michelle Gellar in Buffy The Vampire Slayer?
- Facebook Wants Us to Live in the Metaverse
- You Should Go Back and Watch the Chauvin Trial
- How the long-dead public-television painter Bob Ross became a streaming phenomenon (and kicked up plenty of dirt in the process)
- Apple officially introduces its Apple Music streaming service at WWDC, coming June 30 for $9.99 after 3 month trial
Joss Whedon’s ‘Buffy,’ ‘Angel’ and ‘Firefly’ now streaming for free on Facebook Watch have 321 words, post on www.oregonlive.com at December 14, 2018. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.