Tributes have been paid to a ‘genius’ TV director from Cornwall. David Pritchard, who previously worked with influential celebrity cook Keith Floyd, was reportedly diagnosed with cancer a few years ago. A host of television chefs have paid tribute to Pritchard, who was in his early 70s and worked in Plymouth, after he died earlier this week. Leading the tributes, Rick Stein wrote on Twitter: “I’m very sad to say that David Pritchard, my friend and the TV director I have worked with for over 30 years, died this morning. “He was a remarkable person, someone who lifted the lives of everyone who knew him. We will all feel a great emptiness now he has gone.” Sunday Brunch presenter Simon Rimmer responded: “Very sad news Rick. Genius of a man.” Chef, James Martin added: “So sorry to hear the news. A legend and a true master of his art and he made food shows proper. RIP.” Food writer, Tom Parker Bowles posted: “Oh no. A great director, and a great man. I’m so sorry.” Phil Vickery responded: “Changed food films forever.” Saturday Kitchen presenter Matt Tebbutt wote: “Had the great pleasure of interviewing him a while back… “Such an obvious… Read full this story
- The one lesson I've learnt from life: Teach yourself how to deal with a crisis says chef Rick Stein
- 'The Simpsons' Will Feature Szechuan Sauce In 'Rick And Morty' Tribute
- 'He will be deeply missed': Meghan Markle leads tributes to fashion photographer Peter Lindbergh, whose final work was with the Duchess on her Vogue issue, after his death at 74
- Did you know Nifty's anniversary dates lead to remarkable swings?
- Study: Aerobic Exercise Leads to Remarkable Brain Changes
- Rapper XXXTentacion is shot dead aged 20 - Miley Cyrus, Kanye West lead tributes
- Elton John leads tributes to Princess Diana with rare photo
- David Beckham and Wayne Rooney lead the Mother's Day celebrations as they mark occasion with sweet family snaps, lavish gifts and extravagant cakes
- Monochrome magic! Abbie Cornish sports a quirky black frock and an embellished white coat at the Heath Ledger Scholarship event
- Abbie Cornish and Ryan Corr pay tribute to actor Heath Ledger at the opening of an exhibition dedicated to the life and works of the late Oscar-winner
Rick Stein leads tributes to 'remarkable' Cornish TV director have 380 words, post on www.plymouthherald.co.uk at January 14, 2019. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.