The San Francisco Giants and free agent Bryce Harper have discussed a 10-year deal, NBC Sports reported Wednesday. That newest detail in the Harper saga came on the heels of another report by the San Jose Mercury News that first revealed Harper and the Giants got back together some time Tuesday. San Francisco’s CEO Larry Baer and president of baseball operations Farhan Zaidi were part of the meeting with Harper and agent Scott Boras. While some had recently said the Harper sweepstakes was down to a two-team race between the Phillies and the Dodgers, this news makes one think the Giants are not out of the picture yet. The Giants were believed to be interested in case Harper would go for a short-term, big-money deal, NBC Sports said. But instead, they are considering a 10-year offer, the same length infielder Manny Machado received from the San Diego Padres — and the same length the Washington Nationals originally offered to Harper last fall. Harper turned down that $300 million contract. Observers expect Harper to sign for more than $300 million total now. Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission. The Washington Times Comment PolicyThe Washington Times welcomes your comments on… Read full this story
- Will Smith leaves Giants for 3-year deal with Braves; is Madison Bumgarner next?
- Police Catch 10-Year-Old Repeat Shoplifter: Report
- Bryce Harper Reminding Everyone Why Phillies Were Right To Sign Him To $330 Million Contract
- WATCH: Bryce Harper Calls Out Parents For Possibly Missing Walk-off Grand Slam
- ‘Oh My God!’ John Kruk’s Priceless Reaction To Bryce Harper’s Monstrous Walk-off Grand Slam Goes Viral
- Bryce Harper Leaves Phillies’ Series Finale Against Padres Because Of Dehydration
- ‘It Was Bryceless’: Nationals Fans Troll Bryce Harper After Winning World Series Without Him
- Bryce Harper Homers For Third Straight Game In Phillies’ 8-4 Win Over Padres
- Tiger Woods' 10-year plan to surpass Jack Nicklaus
- Model claims catfishers have been stealing her identity for 10 YEARS and says she's contacted by victims on an almost daily basis - with some having been conned out of THOUSANDS
Bryce Harper, Giants discuss 10-year deal at latest meeting: Reports have 349 words, post on www.washingtontimes.com at February 27, 2019. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.