ASHLAND, Ky. (AP) — There is a critical need for local foster parents with loving homes. In the Ramey-Estep Foster Care Program there are currently 66 foster children that are placed in 37 different homes throughout the five-county region (Boyd, Carter, Greenup, Lawrence and Elliott). “We’re turning down kiddos every single day … There’s not enough foster homes to place these kiddos, that’s why a lot of homes have four or five kids because there’s just not enough beds available,” said Ramey-Estep Foster Care Program Director Jenna Hill, adding there are almost 10,000 kids in Kentucky that are in the foster care system.Ramey-Estep Foster Care operates as a private foster care agency, providing treatment foster care. Hill said the organization certifies its own foster homes and then provides services including medication management and case management to insure a child’s mental health, medical and educational needs are met. Ramey-Estep also provides in-home support as well for foster parents and foster youth. “We also provide therapy services so our kiddos receive individual services and they receive family services if the goal is to reunify with their parents or a relative,” said Hill. Hill said children from birth up to the age of… Read full this story
- Herald-Leader wins Report for America grants to report on health, Eastern Kentucky
- SC Faith-Based Group May Deny Gay Couple Foster Parents
- ‘Lock your doors, load your guns,’ sheriff warns. Shortfalls gutting Eastern Kentucky.
- Sixth Circuit: Foster Parents Can Enforce Right to Foster Care Payments Under Federal Law
- OCA allows foster parent to be party in case
- Court: Christians rejected as foster parents for spanking kids suffered no constitutional violation
- McCleskey, Eastern Kentucky run past UT Martin, 31-21 (Oct 21, 2017)
- UK Community Council Bans Smoking By Foster Parents
- Lawmaker sponsors bill to allow foster parents to carry a concealed handgun, if they have a permit
- Eastern Kentucky doubles up Murray State 26-13 (Oct 28, 2017)
Eastern Kentucky private program seeks foster parents have 322 words, post on apnews.com at February 3, 2019. This is cached page on wBird. If you want remove this page, please contact us.